Thursday, April 12, 2007

like in the movies...

Swimming against the current feels sooooo good. Come on in the water in fine.

While the world seems to be overflowing with consumption, waste, grief, aggression, greed, relativism, self-absorption, bad music and advertising and awash in apathy, I am particulary pleased to be solidly planted in a stillness of calm bliss.

I have several places to extend gratitude for this... the amazing new boyfriend (who knows the brilliance of rolling things up in life), the prairies, a homeplace, and my gang of family/friends. My soul is experiencing the peace of homeplace and I am doing a better job of appreciating the small things in life. Living in a prairie "theme park" for a number of months awakened a sense of "role" that any/each of us play in our particular communities. Diversity of human personalities/characteristics is strength. Limitations (financial, spatial, temporal, etc) bring structure so that life can move forward. It is a danger that we people get lost in a false-homogeneity; in urban centres we do not have to interact with the diversity of people present in our communities, nor are we called to actively exercise tolerance of differences in our daily lives - often it's just lip service!!! And, that most people have options, options, options leaves society with little perspective, so that the immediate challenges in our days become "should I have cake... or pie for dessert?" (Ha! Pie of course!) But, I don't think that people naturally move forward and embrace growth or change becaues that takes "work". So people distract themselves with pleasantries in the present and avoid forward movement...

Ok.... Ranty....

I'm just happy, that's all. And I'm happy to be where I am. And the world is a really crazy place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home