Saturday, August 12, 2006

i am on the phone with...

...a guy who sounds like he is dying. His name is Rob and he is a telephone service person for president's choice banking. His speech is slow and calm and he is very well mannered. He insists that he is ok... that's good Rob. Ok so can you help me make a balance transfer? Sure. Now I am on hold.

meanwhile... I had great customer service at Safeway this morning. That is what I like - good customer service. It is probably the key source of human to human contacts that the average North American makes these days. It is important that people respect and recognize the other person as an individual. If not I predict that the result will be a deterioration of society's ability to empathise and to value quality of life. Life will be less internalized. And that leads to people being stupid. back to the call...

Heinrich. Do you like your job? It's ok? Uncomfortable silence... THanks for choosing President's Choice Mastercard, have a nice day.... Bye.

I just finished my call and got great service. Thanks President's Choice! I feel appreciated, and not just for the money I have spent!

;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home