Friday, August 11, 2006

kind of like this job

I'm sitting across from my workmate, Heather, and I was just inspired by something she said. Four months is about all that a person can handle of a dumb situation... KIND OF LIKE THIS JOB.

It is lovely and raining today. A perfectly rainy day... one in which I would choose, if I had the choice, to be lying lazily on my bed, with my feet at the head end and my head at the foot end, and I would read and doze and enjoy the perfect angle of daylight, filtering through drizzly clouds. Mmmmmm. I am going home to do that now.

I just spent 4 hours in the theatre, alone. Well, 2 visitors came in and 3 workmates stopped in. I sorted and rearranged and wrote whiteboard signs and somehow the time passed and I made money. Workday: check.

Life is rather good to me, and thanks to the sweet 8 days off from work I just had, I took time to realize this truth that I so often forget....

-S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home